Finding movers can be hard during the busy spring and summer seasons if you don't book in advance. Searching for a mover at the last minute can be extremely stressful. Many people will be moving in the busy season, whether it is due to a new home or a change in their lives.
The real estate market, combined with the typical busy moving season in the summer and the labour shortage, has created a perfect storm for not finding a reliable mover. Despite the high demand for moving companies, many companies have trouble hiring qualified employees. Finding a reputable moving company is hard enough without having to stress about it. After selling your house start the process.
So how will this affect those planning on moving this summer? Make sure you plan! Make your moving reservations as early as possible to beat the rush and maximize your organizational skills. Get an online quote as soon as possible.
Organize your moving tasks as effectively and low-stress as possible during the eight weeks before moving. Keep calm and prepared by following these two-month moving steps.
Check off each step as you go:
- Start searching for a mover
- Check a mover’s record with the Better Business Bureau and Google
- Choosing a moving company with a great reputation is important
- Book a mover
- Start to inventory and divide up your belongings
Change your information online or send a change of address to:
- The bank
- Credit card companies
- Post office
- Insurance companies
- Transfer your child's school records
- Check homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Start to pack
Plan for discontinuing current utilities and establishing new ones:
- Cable TV
- Landline telephone service
- Water softener
- Set up local bank accounts
- Cancel newspaper delivery
- Refill all prescriptions
- Start to disassemble items
- Hire a cleaning crew to help clean your home
ONE WEEK TO GO:
Pack in separate boxes your necessary items:
- Linens & towels
- Toothbrushes & toiletries
- Disposable plates & cutlery
- Plastic containers
- Garbage bags
- Tool kit
- Step ladder
- Extension cords
- Light bulbs
- Cleaning items
- Comfortable clothes
DAY OF THE MOVE! YOU DID IT!
Congratulations, you conquered all the work and planning for moving. Besides moving during a unique time, you also remained organized. Your new and improved lifestyle is now waiting to be gradually unpacked. If you're looking for a real estate agent in Waterloo, contact Mike Bolger.